But before anything else, who can avail of the Solo Parent ID? Who is qualified to apply?
1. You are a widow or a widower.
2. You are a woman who has given birth to a child as a result of sexual assault and other forms of crimes against chastity. It's irrelevant whether the offender has been convicted or not. As long as the woman keeps and raises the child, she is considered a solo parent.
3. Your spouse is currently detained serving a sentence or has been convicted to serve time for at least one year.
4. Your spouse is physically or mentally incapacitated to serve his/her duties as a parent. This has to be certified by a public medical practitioner.
5. Your marriage has been annulled or declared null by a court. Care and custody of the child/children should have been entrusted to you.
6. You have been abandoned by your spouse, leaving the children with you.
7. You have been legally separated from your spouse for at least one year. Custody of the children has been entrusted to you.
8. You are an unmarried mother or father.
9. You are someone who solely provides parental care, support, food, shelter, and clothing to a child. The child doesn't have to be your own.
10. You have taken the responsibility to take care of a child because of the death, abandonment, disappearance, or absence of the real parents of the child.
1.You have the right to request for a flexible work schedule from your employer. For instance, you may arrive at work or leave work at different times compared to your co-workers. However, you need to follow the core work hours in your place of employment.
2. You will not be discriminated against based on your status as a single and solo parent. You will not be subjected to terms and conditions that discriminate you because of such status.
3. You will be granted parental leave of seven days a year.
Requirements (Required documents):
1. Income tax return (ITR) or other types of document to show proof your income level as a single parent
2. Birth certificate of your child or children
3. Death certificate of your spouse
4. Certificate from your barangay showing that you have been a resident there during the last six months
5. Declaration of Nullity of Marriage
6. Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR)
Steps and procedure in applying for a Solo Parent ID:
1. Visit the local office of the Department of Social Welfare and Development in your municipality or city. Make sure to bring all the necessary documents with you.
2. The social worker will look over your documents and make sure that these are complete and valid. The social worker will then register your name and the appropriate case number in the logbook containing the Registry of Solo Parents.
3. Wait for your Solo Parent ID to be processed. It's usually issued thirty (30) days after you filed your application. The validity of the ID is one year. You can always renew it every year.
Write Your Comments Below