First, welcome to your new home. Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Chris and I'm your neighbor at 553 1/2 apt 1 (other side of your wall). I'm including a page of helpful numbers and our trash collection days for you, hope they can be of help. I have helped one of the previous tenants there with some things so if you have any questions feel free to text me, I'm including my card. That said, just a heads up that I work nights so I will get back to you as soon as I can.
A few things that I can think of now that may be useful:
1) Our units do have heat pumps, and they do work. However, when the outside temp drops below 50* they are worthless. So the Washington Gas number is so you can have the gas turned on which work your radiators. Though that isn't an issue now, come winter it will be and I would suggest calling them now to get some info on if you need a deposit or not (cause if you do as I did, it is steep).
2) There is only one outside water faucet, it's on my side in the front. Feel free to use it, the water bill (paid by landlord) is a single bill for both our units.
3) I'm deaf in one ear, so if I ever have the TV too loud text me and let me know to turn it down.
4) When winter comes and if you decide to use the gas heat let me know, I will help bleed the tank and get it up and running for you. It took the previous tenant and me almost a full day and flooding the house before we got them going. Not that it is difficult, but it helps doing it for two years now.
5) I know getting settled can be crazy and time consuming, so dinner is on me. I am enclosing a gift card so you can have an evening without having to worry about cooking. Happy house warming.
Again, welcome to your new home. Feel free to text with any questions.
Write Your Comments Below