2) "Forget the laws on human rights. If I make it to the presidential palace, I will do just what I did as mayor. You drug pushers, hold-up men, and do-nothings, you better go out. Because I'd kill you. I'll dump all of you into Manila Bay and fatten all the fish there." - [On the campaign trail.]
3) "He is a bigot and I am not." - [When pressed to comment about him being compared to Donald Trump.]
4) "I will ride a jet ski while bringing the Philippine flag." - [When asked about the dispute between the Philippines and China over islands in the South China Sea.]
5) "For what good will progress be if its benefits do not trickle down to the poorest of the poor. Let us bear in mind that the test of good government is not whether we can add more to the abundance of those who have much, but whether we can provide for those who have so little." - [In a speech during an East Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-the Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA) event.]
6) "A leader must be a terror to the few who are evil in order to protect the lives and well-being of the many who are good."
7) "I don't have the brilliance of Ferdinand Marcos, the smartness of Fidel Ramos, or the eloquence of Miriam Defensor Santiago. All that I can offer the Filipino people is a good heart and common sense. Governance, after all, is just pure common sense."
8) "The trouble with us in government is that we talk too much, act too slow, and do too little, don't we? What the country needs is not more laws but more good men in public service."
9) "If I am president, I will declare a revolution. I will rebel against my own government and close down everything except your businesses and make a body to take care of your expenses."
10) “I will recommend to Congress the restoration of death penalty by hanging in public.”
11) "We cannot move forward if we allow the past to pull us back. Finger pointing is not the way."
12) Let me assure you that while I’m a stickler for the principle of separation between Church and state, I believe quite strongly that there should never be a separation between God and state.
I hope you enjoyed reading through the Rodrigo Duterte quotes I have collected and compiled for you here. If you think I missed a quote or if I wrongly attributed a quote to the president, please feel free to leave a message in the comments section below. thanks.
Write Your Comments Below